Monday 6 February 2012

Kevin Murphy Colour Bug - reviewed.

So I've wanted to try the ombre hair trend for quite some time now, so when Kevin Murphy released these new color bugs, I bought one straight away. The color bug uses 'hair powder' to add temporary colour and comes in a small dome shape applicator that's easy to hold and control.

They come in a choice of orange, purple and pink and because I wasn't sure how it would show on my dark hair I chose purple. It is very easy to apply however it is rather time consuming and messy, I'd recommend draping a towel over your shoulders to protect your clothes as that powder goes everywhere!


It did take me quite a long time to get any sort of noticeable colour on the tips of my hair, but after some perseverance, you can clearly see the results :) I realised after taking the shots they weren't very clear due to the light so I took a some more to show you the vivid colour.
Because of how powdery this product is (my fingers have turned my laptop keys purple :'] ) I don't think it's intended for everyday use. It would look amazing on a night out, party or any other special occasion :D
I'm seriously considering getting my sister to dye my tips now... hmmm.. watch this space ;)
If you'd like to purchase one, you can order them online here


4 comments:

  1. Ow I so want to try one of these! Cool post. x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you should get one the colour will show up really bright on your hair :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to get thisss!! I am so messy though, I would ruin everything.. looks amazing though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands were covered and I had to wipe purple powder off my mirror :']
      Worth it though I think xD xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...