Friday 3 February 2012

I wanna have Sex on The Beach ;D

Who doesn't love a refreshing cocktail? Whether it's during lunch with the girls or on a mad night out, I can always be in the mood for a fruity drink.
I decided to base this nail design on one of my favourite cocktails, Sex on the beach. Orange in colour, this cocktail is fruity and sweet and oozes glitz and naughtiness.
Luckily, I had the perfect shade for this design - a blood orange colour by Barry M.  I always find the pigments of Barry M polishes are good quality so I only used one coat. Next, to represent the glamour and excitement of the beverage, I stroked a couple of coats of W7 glitter polish in silver in a diagonal motion across my tips. A stripe of yellow adds interest and keeps the design true to the colours in the cocktail To finish, I completed the look with clear glitter polish from a Technic nail collection and a top coat to add shine.
Orange is actually the one colour I don't really care for, but when I received this polish in a Barry M goodie bag (from the Clothes Show Live 2011) I just loved the rich block shade. Apologies for blurriness, it was a little dark in my room .. :)



2 comments:

  1. Your nails look fab ! I love having brightly coloured nail polish, it makes me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have such an obsession with nail art xD xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...