Thursday 6 June 2013

May Favourites



I probably should have written this post earlier, but better late than never. I've tried a few new things in the month of may that I'd like to share with you all. Here they are, all prettily laid out for you.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
It is very easy to get lazy with your skin regime when it's time for bed. I used to swipe a quick make-up wipe over my face and be done with it. Needless to say, my skin wasn't thanking me for it. This is been compared to beauty bloggers' favourite Bioderma's solution (which to be honest, I hadn't even heard of. Soz.) and had great reviews so i thought I'd give it a try. I absolutely love it; I'm already on my second bottle! It's much gentler than a facial wipe and removes every trace of make-up. My skin break-outs are much better too, which is great. Really love this stuff, it doesn't irritate skin and lives up to the hype.


Hair Essentials Argan Oil Conditioner
I love this conditioner - it has a rich luxurious texture that coats all of my hair with one or two squirts and it smells gorgeous. At the very cheap price of £2.50 I wasn't expecting anything amazing but I found I was pleasantly surprised at how soft it makes my hair feel, even those ratty in-need-of-a-cut ends. Cheap and cheerful treat for the locks.


La Femme 30 colour eye shadow pallette
This is my favourite shadow pallettes at the moment. I origanlly picked one these La Femme palettes up from a friends' birthday but had to get myself one too, it's so pretty! The colours are shimmery but very highly pigmented, one sweep gives you a vibrant colour that lasts. My favourite shades at the moment are the rustic reds and oranges. 


Boots Vitamin E Eye Cream
I was in need of a more delicate moisturiser for around my eyes when I spotted this in Boots. The fact that it claimed to reduce dark circles is what sold it for me. Now I know it's an 'own-brand' cream, but I really do like it. The almost paste-like formula is surprisingly easy to blend and I've noticed after a week of use a difference in my dark circles. Admittedly, it hasn't been a huge change yet, but my eyes look a lot fresher and more awake. Rated! 

Primark studded hair wrap
Always on the look out for new hair accessories, I spied this one in Primark. I really think they must design their hair wraps for people with huge heads as they never seem to fit me very well, I have to pin this into place with a bobby pin which is slightly annoying but I love the punky look it complements my style perfectly. 


So that's my thrifty May Favourites - they may not have high end price tags but they get the job done. Have you tried any of these products and what did you think? Let me know .. ♣

4 comments:

  1. I keep hearing of this Argan Jargen. I need to try it :3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good :) and this shampoo is at your place of work, easy access aha xx

      Delete
  2. Those kwl eye shadow colours will get you noticed for sure. This was a great beauty routine post. Feel like I've been talking to a Clarins girl! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that palette looks so nice! so many great colours

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...