Wednesday 26 November 2014

Dogtooth & Fluff


Jacket - Peacocks  ♦ Tee - River Island ♦ Trousers - New Look ♦ Shoes - Monki
Faux fur hat - Claires ♦ Faux fur collar - eBay ♦ Glasses - Replay ♦ Lips - Barry M


These pictures have made me realise how much I need to clean my camera lens. I've always called this pattern dogtooth, but recently I've been hearing many vloggers and bloggers refer to it as houndstooth. It's a bit like when everyone started calling beetlecrushers creepers; I think I'm the only person I know who has ever called them beetlecrushers, besides my Mom. I happened to catch a Greek film called Dogtooth late at night once, if you like odd movies, check it out.

Anyway, anyone notice the lip colour? I decided that since the dark lip is in during AW, I wanted to take it one step further and try the much feared black lipstick. I love it! The key to getting it vampy and not gothy is minimal eye make-up (I'm just wearing mascara) and an outfit that isn't too dark which is why I added my silver boots. A feminine floral outfit would work too. If you want to try it but you're a little nervous, fill your lips in with a black lip liner and paint a nude colour over the top for a more subtle, grey tone. 

What do you think of black lipstick? 

2 comments:

  1. Killer outfit :)
    Those shoes go so well with the leggings :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sweat outfit! Love the patterned pants!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...