Thursday 16 January 2014

A Weekend in Paris - Day 2



On Saturday we had the chance to try the continental breakfast before setting out. It included fruit, yogurts, cereal and of course, breads and pastries. Nothing like a genuine French croissant and the pain au chocolats were lovely. The restaurant was so pretty and pink - just perfect for a girly weekend! After a lot of Actimels and a huge gulp of orange juice, we headed out on the underground to see the sights.

The Eiffel Tower




Coat - Peacocks ♦ Jumper - Boohoo ♦ Leggings - Primark ♦ Boots - New Look ♦ Bag - Obsessed ♦ 
Camera - Nikon Coolpix L820

Sophie & I beneath the Eiffel Tower!
My earrings - Forever 21
The symbol of Paris - the Eiffel Tower! Sadly, the very top of the tower wasn't open but we went all the way up to the second floor (in the lift, of course!) The view was incredible, if a little foggy. I'm so glad I got to experience it firsthand at long last.

Sightseeing 







The only way to see see Paris is surely along the river! The boat took us on a tour of the city, where we saw some iconic bridges such as the Pont de l'ArchevĂȘchĂ©, where lover clip padlocks onto it and throw the key into the water. We also visited the Flame of Liberty and memorial for Princess Diana, next to the tunnel where the accident happened. It was covered in heart-warming messages and mourners had attached locks to the chains of the memorial. 

Art Gallery 


I want this for my house!


You may or may not know I'm a bit of a arty farty fan, so I was really looking forward to checking out the gallery. The ticket was six euro fifty which was so reasonable as the gallery was HUGE! I could show you all the pictures I've taken from the gallery, but this post is already so photo heavy as it is so I've decided to just show you my favourite artist and pieces. Zeng Fanzhi creates amazing bright bramble paintings that look almost 3D, alongside a hauntingly odd collection of mask paintings.


After a short nap at the hotel and dinner, we got ready for a night out to celebrate a wonderful weekend. The night was amazing - the bartender set fire to bar so that flames covered the table, I'd never seen anything like it before! 
I hope you enjoyed hearing about our adventure in Paris; I'm pleased to say Laura had an amazing 21st. Au revoir Paris, one day I shall return! Read about my first day here

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! I haven't been to Paris in.. forever! Really want to go now
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! I absolutely love Paris, looked like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super impressed with the photos especially the graffiti shots and unusual angles. Those new look boots were a sound investment for sure :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...